Complete the sentences with the correct form of 'used' and the verb in brackets.
1) Tom______________ (take) the bus, now he walks.
→ Tom used to take the bus ...
2) Sue hates computers. She isn't ___________them.
→ She isn't used to them.
(The answers are at the end of the page.)
1. My grandmother _______________ (write) by hand. Now she uses a computer.
2. Bob is very busy in his new job. He _____________________(not be) so busy.
3. I've just got my first job. Now I'll have _______________________(work) regular hours.
4. Driving is difficult for Tom in England. He ___________________ (drive) on the left..
5. When Peter was young, he ________________ (ride) a bicycle to school.
6. Asian people often find our food tasteless. They ____________________ (eat) spicy food.
7. Computers ________________ (be) very expensive. Now the prices
8. English is used
a lot in business.
We _____________________ (speak) it at meetings.
9. During my childhood, I ________________ (spend) a lot of time with my grandparents.
10.Maria thought that she would never ________________________ (live) in New York.
|1.used to write
||2.didn't use to be
||3.to get used to working
||4.isn't used to driving
||5.used to ride
|6.are used to eating
||7.used to be
||8.are used to speaking
||9.used to spend
||10.get used to living
Print This Page
All Rights Reserved.
Materials provided for use in the classroom or for private study.
Any other use without permission is forbidden.