1. Direct speech :David : "There is an excellent band playing later on."
Reported Speech : David said
there was an excellent bank playing later on.
2. Direct speech :Christine : "I saw Amy at the bank on Monday."
Reported Speech : Christine said
she had seen Amy at the bank on Monday.
3. Direct speech :The driver : "I'm going to turn right at the traffic lights."
Reported Speech : The driver
he was going to turn right at the traffic lights.
4. Direct speech :Jonathan: "I've returned the dictionary to the library".
Reported Speech : Jonathan
he had returned the dictionary to the library.
5. Direct speech :The doctor : "I'll send you the results as soon as they arrive."
Reported Speech : The doctor
he would send me/us the results as soon as they
6. Direct speech :Caroline : "Will you come to my party on Saturday?"
Reported Speech : Caroline
asked (me) if I
would come to her party on Saturday.
7. Direct speech :Shop assistant: "Are you looking for something special?"
Reported Speech : The shop assistant
asked (me) if
I was looking for something special.
8. Direct speech :Danny: "I'll lend you my book if you think it will help."
Reported Speech : Danny said he
would lend me his book if
I thought it would help.
back to exercise
Print This Page
All Rights Reserved.
Materials provided for use in the classroom or for private study.
Any other use without permission is forbidden.