Put the verb into the correct form :
present perfect (simple or continuous) or past simple.
the Present Perfect is used for unfinished time, the Past Simple for finished time.
(The answers are at the end of the page.)
1. Tom (go)__________ to the cinema yesterday.
2. John is playing a game of tennis. He (play)______________ for 2 hours.
3. I (book)__________ the tickets two weeks ago for the concert in Vienna.
4. The teacher (speak)____________ English since the beginning of this lesson.
5. In your life, how many countries (you-visit) _______________?
6. The Bank (open)__________ a branch in the new shopping centre last month.
7. The bus is late and Julie is cold. She (wait)__________ for 10 minutes.
8. Caroline (work)__________ here between 2003 and 2006.
9. Before boarding, John (buy)_______ a book to read during the flight.
10.So far today, I (learn) ____________ several new words in English.
||2.has been playing
||4.has been speaking
||5.have you visited
||7.has been waiting
Print This Page
All Rights Reserved.
Materials provided for use in the classroom or for private study.
Any other use without permission is forbidden.