Restaurants - FoodA list of useful phrases relating to restaurants and food.
Questions - Requests - Enquiries
Answers - Queries - Information
• I'd like to book a table please.
• Could I/we have a table please?
• Would you have a table for 2 please?
• For how many people?
• How many of you are there?
• Inside or outside (in the garden/on the terrace)?
• Have you booked?
• Your name please?
• How long will we have to wait?
• I'm afraid you'll have to wait
... a little while
... for half an hour/30 minutes
• Can I have the menu please?
• Could we have some water please?
• What soft drinks do you have?
• Do you have a wine list?
Could we have the wine list please?
• Do you have any vegetarian/vegan dishes?
• Do you have a menu/portions for children?
• Could I have some more bread/butter/
• We'd like to order now please.
would you like to drink?
• Still or sparkling water?
• How would you like your steak cooked?
... rare? medium rare? well done?
• Would you like any vegetables / a side dish?
• Do you need anything else?
• Do you have everything you need?
• Is everything OK?
• Can I have the bill please?
• Do you take credit cards?
• Can I pay by credit card/cheque (us : check)?
|• Here you are.
• Yes of course.
• I'm afraid we don't take credit cards / cheques.
|back to Vocabulary lists|