- For is used to indicate
a period of time.
For is often used with the Present
How long are you staying in London? I'm staying for a week.
- I have been waiting at the bus stop
for 10 minutes.
- I have lived in this country for
- For can be used with
other verb tenses :
- Present : I go on holidays
for two weeks every summer.
- Past : When I was sixteen, I stayed
for two months.
- Future :While I am in the USA , I
will be in New York for
- Since is used to refer to
starting point of actions or
It is generally used with the Present
- I have been waiting for the bus since
- I live in Tokyo. I have lived in Tokyo
since January 2010.
- I have been learning English since
the beginning of the year.
- Ago is used to say when
past events happened, going back from today towards
the past. The verb is in the Past Tense.
- I came to Tokyo two years ago.
- I arrived at the bus stop 10 minutes
- The company was founded 30 years