Choose the correct verb to complete the sentences below.
(The answers are at the end of the page.)
1. She __________ to live in the country.
c) is used
d) would rather
2. Jane _______________ to look for a job
a) has decided
b) is thinking
c) had better
d) made him
3. The children _______________ cleaning the house.
a) were made
b) expect you
c) are trying
d) don't mind
4. The owner _______________ him to go.
5. Tom _______________ to come home early.
a) remember her
c) is looking forward
d) reminded her
6. The marketing director ______________ meeting Alex.
d) helped her
7. A member of the team _______________ to do it.
a) couldn't help
c) wasn't capable
d) saw him
8. They succeeded _______________ the report in time for the meeting.
a) to send
b) by completing
c) in finishing
d) to provide
Print This Page
All Rights Reserved.
Materials provided for use in the classroom or for private study.
Any other use without permission is forbidden.