Complete the following sentences with the correct
ABOUT | AFTER | AWAY | AT | BY | FOR | FROM | IN | INTO | OFF | ON | TO | WITH
answers are at the end of the page.)
1. I asked my neighbour to look _________ my cat when I went to London.
1. after | 2. by/for | 3. on/at | 4. in/for | 5. from
| 6. with/for | 7. with/to | 8. in/into
into/away (or 'off') | 10. off/on | 11. by/at | 12. to/for
| 13. about/for | 14. in/for | 15. with
2. All books are provided ______ the school. Pupils don't have to pay _____ them.
3. The meeting is _____ September 15th _____ 9 a.m.
4. If you're interested ______ working overseas, you should apply ______ that job.
5. London is a big city, but it's very different ________New York.
6. My boss got angry ______ me when I arrived late _____ the second time.
7. I'm not familiar _______ this machine. Could you explain ______ me how it works?
8. She wrote the text ______ Japanese, then translated it ______ English.
9. He left the house, got ______ his car and drove ______.
10.Due to bad weather conditions, the plane couldn't take _______ ______ time.
11.She was embarrassed ______ the way people were staring _____ her.
12.They apologized ______ the host ______ arriving late.
13.The authorities talked ______ the need ______ better education in developing countries.
14.______ my opinion, you should wait _____ confirmation before making a decision.
15.Students often have a problem ______ English prepositions.
Print This Page
All Rights Reserved.
Materials provided for use in the classroom or for private study.
Any other use without permission is forbidden.