English Grammar and Exercises for ESL learners.
Comparative and Superlative Adjectives
Complete each of the
sentences below with the correct form of the adjective.
(The answers are at the bottom of the
1. Jeremy is 10 years old. Jenny is 8 years old.
Jeremy is (old) ____________ ______ Jenny.
2. The Alps are very high. They are (high) _____ _______________ mountains in Europe.
3. An ocean is very large. It is (large) ____________ _______ a sea.
4. A Rolls Royce costs a lot of money. A Twingo costs less.
A Rolls Royce is (expensive) _______ ________________ _____ a Twingo.
5. John's results were bad. Fred's were very poor.
Fred's results were (bad) _________ _____ John's.
6. This exercise is not very difficult. It's ____________ ______ I expected.
7. The weather is not good today. It's raining
I hope the weather will be (good) _____________ next week.
8. People are not very friendly in big cities.
They are usually (friendly) ________________ in small towns.
9. In a republic, the President is (important) _____ ______ _______________ person.
10. People say that Chinese is (difficult) ______ ____________ to learn than English.
|1. older than||2. the highest||3. larger than||4. more expensive than||5. worse than|
|6. easier than||7. better||8. friendlier||9. the most important||10. more difficult|